Job Posting OPEN
Document Specialist/Librarian (San Francisco, CA)
HSG is an SBA 8(a), woman-owned business headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada with offices in Denver and Detroit. HSG works with federal, state, local, and tribal governments, as well as commercial and private-sector organizations to provide practical solution development and implementation services in the areas of emergency planning, environment, and sustainability. Our mission is to develop and maintain strong client relationships and customer satisfaction while providing full-service business solutions. We focus on our core values - integrity, commitment, and teamwork - and integrate these values into each solution to ensure that customer goals and objectives are achieved. We are seeking a Document Specialist – Indexer to join our team at the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Records Center in San Francisco, CA. The Records Center is a critical repository of enforcement data used by EPA personnel to enforce federal environmental laws and regulations against potentially liable parties.
Education / Experience / Skill Set:
- Assist in administering EPA’s records management system by inputting information from documents into the database system, creating document collections in response to requests, and training users on techniques to locate documents in the system.
- Use database systems to track the location of and retrieve documents and document collections.
- Ensure that records are organized and classified in the applicable file structures.
- Maintain and update standard operating procedures pertaining to record management initiatives.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Prepare documents for scanning and scan documents for conversion to electronic image format.
- May provide a variety of clerical and administrative support as necessary.
- Document scanning and document handling procedures as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: B.S./B.A. Degree or 2 years relevant experience.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent customer service and responsiveness.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pound boxes.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, organize and execute tasks in a busy environment.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow detailed standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Library experience in the areas of circulation, reference, and online/database searching
- Ability to adapt and respond to different types of questions and situations
- Ability to develop job-specific knowledge and skills and communicate them to others clearly and in prepared correspondence
- Experience in Microsoft Office products.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT A RESUME ALONG WITH A COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE UPLOAD VIA THIS APPLICATION. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.